I just got back from an interview with the British Council Director of Culture, Science and Society and a Ministry of Youth and Sports rep for my latest ‘planned surprise’.
How did it go? Of course I feel I could’ve done better, you know, with the ‘better’ answers to their questions coming to me much after the interview.
It would have helped if
1. I wasn’t half an hour late, missing my scheduled interview, only to be slotted in later
2. Ridiculing my interviewer upon discovering he was on top of ‘Rakan Muda‘
3. I didn’t ramble on about Project Bazooka half the time
4. I didn’t crack so many lame jokes
On the bright side
1. I got to eat some breakfast while waiting to be reslotted
2. I got to the bottom of what happened to Rakan Muda
3. Two more people know about Project Bazooka
4. The interviewers laughed at one and a half of my jokes
I will know if I am one of the 10 chosen ones for an all expenses paid 10 day debate/activity/workshop in the Phillipines early next week – or not… being realistic, I have a chance… especially if everyone else appalls them as much.
But I won’t be disappointed if I don’t get it, knowing that ‘other’ adventures await me! Like getting a job. Haha
Special thanks to Peter Meyer and My Yarabenic for writing last-minute references for me =)