… maybe all you need is a couple of days?
Think about it.
Maybe major events to change your life, were orchestrated in days. Major changes in your life, perhaps happened in moments of decision. Or waves of massive action.
This is true, at least for me.
So, naturally, I got curious… how many power moves I could make by the end of 2009?
I mean, I had a great year. Easily my best. But I really wanted to nail it good. But. So there I was with 5 days left, and Christmas Eve party hangover. What could I do?
I started with the only thing I knew. Penning my thoughts down on a list. Then, I got to work:
- Learned the ukulele (I can play most chords and a few songs now, wrote one of my own songs too)
- “Acquired” 7GB of new music to lay the soundtrack for 2010
- Spent a full day’s worth of quality time with mom and dad (hard to come by)
- Renovation! Turned my room into a creativity and rest zone (formerly known as war zone). Turned the outside of my room into a hardcore work zone (proven productivity, I tested it!)
- Done a whole bunch of nagging office work
- Printed out, designed, and put up my vision board to remind myself of the aspirations which guide me.
- Got back on my usual (but improved) fitness addictions with a bang!
- Designed a flyer for a legendary party (totally got in flow… loved it. Pointless creative expression… ah…)
- Threw a legendary party to celebrate life as we know it
Man. The party was SO last minute. But it really came together way beyond my expectations!
Thanks to Jenn, Gabby, and a whole bunch of friends I don’t see very often but still trust me enough to ditch their plans for a quirky mixed bag of crazy…. we had a good one.
Highlight: Turns out Gabby’s friends from Canada and I grew up with the same anthems and when they took over the playlist, it was heaven all night long. And Jenn turned plain eggs and mayo and vegetables into some designer food OMG give me more! And the people, the jokes, the dancing, the conversation… ah… I’ll let the vivid pictures and videos crop up on Facebook. Let me get back to my point.
Admittedly, I failed to record an EP and publish a compilation of short stories on absurdity. But can’t hate a man for trying right? I’m still pretty proud of what I achieved to top off 2009 as the best year of my life.
So much cool stuff in 5 days…
And I know I’m not the only one.
Many of us are truly fortunate enough, to live in an age where were so connected, so full of ideas, energy, opportunities, and control. Our potential is limitless. And to think, all it takes is action. A few days of consistent, addictive action. Only a few days… and we can have so much immediate positive changes in our lives…
Wonder what will we be able to do with the whole of 2010? 😉