Life after an evening with Broken Social Scene

Have I raved about my evening with Broken Social Scene yet?

Huh?

You know, Broken Social Scene?

One of my favorite bands of all time?

IMG_00021

Going to see them live was the DIVINE PURPOSE of me driving all the way to Singapore.

And it paid off.

Also because there were some other tasty bits:

  • I found my other half!
    It is a bowl of beef noodles. Not the soup kind, or the “Famous” one near Alor… this is one has beefy gravy. I kept going for the same dish everywhere I went!
  • Reckless shopping
    I spent so much money I just want to forget about it. The result? See for yourself, this month, as I strut about town in radical fashion experiments!
  • Road trip games with music heads
    Stuff us into the same car? You get 4 hours of traveling through music history, pulling out the likes of Ini Kamoze and Engelbert Humperdinck, as we played tag team “spelling bee” with band / singer names.. Eg. The Strokes ends with an S, so you have to think of a band starting with the letter S, like Soundgarden. Which ends with N, so um, Nick Carter… I think you get it.
  • Immersion in hours and hours of damn good music
    What’s a road trip without good music? Thanks James for the compilations! All 300 songs!

And yeah…

The gig was hands down the best live concert (yet).

That’s kind of a big deal, considering I almost maybe slightly teared midway watching Radiohead in Sydney.

.. nobody cared about the seats any longer. Everybody was on their feet and screaming our heads off to every tune…

From someone else’s  detailed review of “An Evening With Broken Social Scene”

My favorite part was minute 4:25 of this video. Uploaded by ariddesert87.

(I’m referring to the electronica opening for Stars and Sons (orginal song here). Pardon the guerilla-quality capture, you had to be there!)

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH the gig was SO good.

I was standing and dancing and orgasm-ing for 95% of the gig (the other 5% was recuperating)

After all, it was no ordinary band.

IMG_00261

Broken Social Scene was there for me during one of the best times of my life (back in Sydney). Their songs were on replay for me for more than 6 months, and along with the Album Leaf, they inspired a few sketches of mine, too.

How nice of them to re-appear in my life, right now, to remind me what a wonderful adventure I’m on. (pic me and Kevin Drew)

IMG_00391

The random escape – a Sunday and Monday to Singapore and back… turned out to be the highlight of my year so far.

Special thanks to James, Mei, Kia Meng, and Broken Social Scene!

IMG_00371 

(me, James, Brad Canning)

3 comments on “Life after an evening with Broken Social Scene

  1. hana March 19, 2008 6:50 pm

    orgasmic music damn right!!
    im as green as ever. thing is, even w that extra ticket i wudnt hv been able to make it coz of weekend rehearsals sighh..
    but hey thx 4 sharing the video!

  2. psaradoxical March 20, 2008 3:02 pm

    no, i dont know broken social scenes 🙁

  3. musicmates May 19, 2009 1:43 pm

    Like psaradoxical I too dont know about broken social scenes…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>